Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Busy Life

Busy life.  Busy mind.  Busy kids.  Busy roads.  Busy world.  Why does everything always have to be so busy.

Even on days like today that I was prepared for church dinner and had a day to do what I needed to at home without leaving it still seems like the day went by so fast and I didn't accomplish enough.  My mind is still cloudy and I am in constant prayer for a calm heart and eased mind.  In just a short while I will be heading out for serving dinner to the few members that have remained faithful in our church's season of change at the church and supporting the dinner ministry but before that I have a meeting with our new pastor to discuss the future of this ministry.  I have been very discouraged the past month with attendance or lack there of and am down on myself with the ministry not growing thus decreasing.  I am never bitter or discouraged when shopping, prepping or cooking for Wednesday night dinners and know God has given me the gift of cooking but is this the end of my season?  Am I to go onto something new?  Am I in Gods will....   A Time for Everything

    Ecc 3: 1There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2A time to give birth and a time to die;
  A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.

3A time to kill and a time to heal;
  A time to tear down and a time to build up.

4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
  A time to mourn and a time to dance.

5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
  A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.

6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
  A time to keep and a time to throw away.

7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
  A time to be silent and a time to speak.

8A time to love and a time to hate;
  A time for war and a time for peace.

    9What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils?10I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

As I read this I feel with emotion I haven't felt, the feeling that my season with the dinner ministry has come to an end.  Something I have worked so hard to build up hasn't been built up.  How do you turn from something you were once/are so passionate about and wanted nothing more then to bring in families to attend our Wednesday night services, to bring in the youth and elderly that may not have had a meal for the day.  To see your vision not come out the way you hoped it to be.  I just pray that God gives me the courage to start the next vision He lays on my heart with such boldness as he did with this ministry and not keep this failure in my heart as I know I have given it my all and the comfort knowing I did give it all I got.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment